Today I’m talking with Hannah Rust. She’s a mother of almost 3 children. We talk about when she realized that she can do things differently than the way she had always done them and differently than the way others have done thing around her. This lead to her decision to live very intentionally.
Key Points from this Episode:
- Choosing an unmedicated and natural birth for her second pregnancy was one of turning point decisions that lead to intentionality.
- Speak more kindly to yourself!
- Recognize that we cannot define ourselves simply by what we get done in the day.
- Just because you have done something one way does not mean you cannot change your mind!
- Having a strategic plan for money prevents it from disappearing unknowingly.
- Catching yourself when you start negative self-talk is the first step to changing it. Replacing it with a phrase like “I am enough” can combat it.
- Understanding where you are on the path from Surviving to Thriving allows you to name where you are and understand that it’s a season that can and will change. Changing seasons in the backwards direction does not mean you are slipping or failing. It’s a cycle!
- Being tidy is a skill, not a personality trait.
- Clearing out the mess and opening up the time that you used to take to deal with your mess opens the door for you to ask the bigger questions about how you want to spend your time intentionally.
- Getting rid of the clutter allows you to actually clean, not just spending all the time putting away the clutter.
- Our kids are human beings. We are not better than them just because we are older and bigger and know more. They deserve respect just like another adult or friend does.
- How we label our children is how they end up turning out. We see what we focus on.
Where Are You on the 5 Step Path from Surviving to Thriving?
Simple Green Cleaning eCourse – get 15% off course with code: THRIVING15
Connect with Hannah
Thriving in Motherhood Podcast Community on Patreon
Patreon is the place where we can come together as mothers and intentionally cultivate growth together. Each month you can gain access to printable worksheets that go along with topics in the podcast to help us slow down and make lasting change – not just be inspired for a few days and then move on. These worksheets are what I’m personally working on and talking about with my closest friends – and I want YOU to join us!
Cultivate your growth intentionally with us through two worksheets a month, a online community, and a monthly group video call to share our “big wins” and things we are still working on.