Today I’m talking with Jessica Ralston. She’s a mother of six, homeschools, and she and her husband both run businesses out of their home. Today she shares her journey of going from a place of chaos and just surviving to taking some intentional steps to regain her personal power and take care of herself and, in turn, create a beautiful life for her family.
Key Points from this Episode:
- The decision of being more intentional with physical health, can lead to being more intentional with other things. It builds momentum.
- Being in a victim or comparison mindset makes things feel worse.
- Be selfish. Take care of yourself. Everyone is going to be okay if you take a few minutes to take care of yourself.
- Shift your mindset to abundance, and gratitude, and being proactive.
- Our kids need to know that we are human people with needs and passions.
- We are our only advocates for our own needs. We need to take that responsibility seriously for ourselves.
- We don’t have control over our kids, but we do have control over our own actions.
- Looking at the big picture can help put the small challenges and imperfections in perspective.
- When you’re able to tackle your daily life with more joy and competence, then you’re able to think more into the future about the bigger things that you can achieve too.
- Shift from an Parents vs Children mindset, into a Team mindset within the family. It allows everyone to work together and play together better.
- Try to decipher the big things from the little things.
- Learn your children’s love languages because when the kids feel loved, they are more willing to listen and have hard conversations.
- Consider staggering bedtime to allow some individual time with each age group of your children.
Where Are You on the 5 Step Path from Surviving to Thriving?
Connect with Jessica
Instagram (homeschool): messymomma6
Thriving in Motherhood Podcast Community on Patreon
Patreon is the place where we can come together as mothers and intentionally cultivate growth together. Each month you can gain access to printable worksheets that go along with topics in the podcast to help us slow down and make lasting change – not just be inspired for a few days and then move on. These worksheets are what I’m personally working on and talking about with my closest friends – and I want YOU to join us!
Cultivate your growth intentionally with us through two worksheets a month, a online community, and a monthly group video call to share our “big wins” and things we are still working on.