In this week’s episode, I’m sharing the #1 thing moms need to do for 2024 – and I can’t think of any exceptions. In my 10.5 years of motherhood, this is the thing that has helped me in EVERY season, from hard pregnancies where days creep by to full schedules with lots going on in life and business.
Every mom needs to create a vision for the year.
There are an almost endless number of paths each day, but with your vision as a guide, you can walk in one direction and get to a destination you want to end up at. You can go to bed confident with how you spent your time and energy and wake up excited for the day ahead.
Here are three steps to start creating your vision for 2024:
- Start a technology fast. Determine what you will and won’t do for the next 14-30 days. The goal is not to have outside influences present – even good ones! This will help you get mental clarity about what matters to you in this season of life. Make it so the only factors in your life are your own thoughts, your spouse and children, and inspiration from God.
- Reflect on 2023. What went well? What didn’t go well? What did you learn? What are you most proud of? What do you regret?
- Create your Vision for 2024. What do you want to do or experience? What projects do you want to work on? What habits do you want to develop? Who do you want to become? What household routines do you want to put in place? What matters for your family this year?
As you begin to create your vision, remember this important principle: you have to go slow to go fast.
This was a principle I learned as I recovered in the post-partum periods that if I wanted to get back to normal life as quickly as possible, I needed to do as little as possible to let myself heal.
When it comes to productivity, we need to slow way down and create space in our lives to think, dream, prioritize, and plan so that we are ready to hit the ground running in the RIGHT direction. The direction that matters to YOU.
If you want to learn more about creating a vision for your year, check out my Create Your Vision Mini Course.
Inside, you’ll discover:
- The steps to create your vision for the year
- The secret to making goals you are excited to accomplish
- How to eliminate stressing about time management and productivity – permanently!
- How to see the good you are already doing in your life to build momentum towards creating what’s next for you
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, bored, lost, or crazed by motherhood’s demands, creating your vision will make all the difference. It has a compounding effect that will allow you to create a unique life that is better than you could have imagined.