Today I’m talking with Mary Caplin, mother of two and a certified doula. She shares some incredible defining moments in her mothering journey. She talks about paradigm shifts and some sacred moments of grieving through a miscarriage.
Key Points from this Episode:
- Being a mother who is committed is more important than any “accomplishments.”
- Thinking about your commitment to you kids helps you recognize the good that you are doing in your daily life.
- We can’t be perfect 100% of the time, but we can be pretty good at commitment!
- Learning from other moms around you can help you relax into what you are doing.
- Letting go and giving our problems over to God will allow Him to carry you.
- Let go of the negative and it will make room for the hope to come in.
- You are a woman. You are strong. You are a mother. Just by virtue of being a mother, you are blessed with intuition. It’s a real thing and you will be able to make the best decisions that are best for you and your family.
- Motherhood is vulnerability and strength together.
- Learning how to go through a grieving process with your spouse is unifying.
- Speak your feelings out loud in your car alone. Write it out. Talk to a spouse or other loved ones. Let the feelings out to be able to process them.
Where Are You on the 5 Step Path from Surviving to Thriving?
Connect with Mary
Thriving in Motherhood Podcast Community on Patreon
Patreon is the place where we can come together as mothers and intentionally cultivate growth together. Each month you can gain access to printable worksheets that go along with topics in the podcast to help us slow down and make lasting change – not just be inspired for a few days and then move on. These worksheets are what I’m personally working on and talking about with my closest friends – and I want YOU to join us!
Cultivate your growth intentionally with us through two worksheets a month, a online community, and a monthly group video call to share our “big wins” and things we are still working on.