Hello! I’m Jessica. I’m a mom of (almost!) four kids and wife to Andrew. Our days are filled with homeschool, projects, reading, cargo biking, fiddling, reading, lots of time outside, and reading. My evenings and quiet times are a combination of napping, reading, podcasting, and creating tools and resources to help moms thrive.
But a few years ago I had NO CLUE what I wanted my life to look like. I was buried in mom guilt and overwhelmed to the point of being paralyzed. And I was way grumpier than I wanted to be with the people I loved most.
I started the Thriving in Motherhood Podcast at the beginning of 2018, right after my third child was born. I clung to every conversation I had and used the shared wisdom and insight to get me through another day, another week, another month.
Little by little I’ve chipped away and removed that guilt and desperation as I created tools to help me thrive and learned skills to change how I think about my reality. Those tools have been shared with women around the world and we are all growing and changing for the better together.
My husband Andrew gets a lot of credit for my endeavors – helping the kids while I interview moms and being supportive of the costs and time that go into podcasting and running a business. We’ve been married for 9 years and I’m so grateful he supports me in becoming the best I can be and encourages me using and improving my talents.
Wherever you are on your motherhood journey or whatever your season of life is, I’m so glad that you are here and that you are seeking to thrive in motherhood in a way that is uniquely yours.
Wherever you are on your motherhood journey or whatever your season of life is,
I’m so glad that you are here!
A Little About Me
- I don’t generally enjoy watching t.v. but I LOVE Hallmark movies
- I exercise for the endorphins. I feel waaaaaay happier after a good bike ride and call our madsen cargo bike my Joy Machine.
- I have a degree in Technology and Engineering Education and taught at an online charter school while my first two kids were very little
- I was the school webmaster in 4th grade and have been coding websites ever since
- My list of interests is a mile long and a few feet deep: photography, sound recording, graphic design, web design, woodworking, electronics, and filmmaking. Lucky for me, these all fit nicely into the podcasting world which is where I spend my time and energy now
- I switched to barefoot/minimalist shoes three years ago and there’s no going back
Wondering Where to Begin?
Meet the Team
Megan joined the Thriving Team in 2019. She received her degree in Technology and Engineering Education from Brigham Young University in 2011. She worked at Ancestry.com before moving on to doing freelance design and portrait photography while staying at home with her three energetic children.