Motherhood seems to be a bumpy transition for most women, but Carlie’s circumstances were particularly tumultuous with many moves and a stroke in the first few years of having her two young children. But Carlie did not let those circumstances define her or control her. She has put lots of time, energy, and focus on learning to care for her mental, emotional, and spiritual health. This weeks episode is one that has inspired me to take a closer look at what is in my circle of influence and be responsible for me. Carlie’s story has so many lessons and I’m certain you will find something that will help you right now.
Subscribe (and rate and review – thank you!): Google Play | iTunes | Stitcher
– Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne and Lisa M. Ross (https://amzn.to/30EDLsk)
– Your journal and podcast!!!
– The Rabbit Listened by Cori Doerrfeld (children’s book) (https://amzn.to/3nvcamq)
– Unruffled podcast hosted by Janet Lansbury
– Therapy – I highly recommend having a 3rd party person to help walk through thoughts.
– The Codependency Recovery Plan: A 5-Step Guide to Understand, Accept, and Break Free from the Codependent Cycle by Krystal Mazzola (https://amzn.to/3DNINlj)
– The Gottman Institute (https://www.gottman.com/) – I love their content on relationships and am going to take their Emotion Coaching course in December.
From the Episode
Thriving in Motherhood Podcast Community on Patreon
Patreon is the place where we can come together as mothers and intentionally cultivate growth together. Each month you can gain access to printable worksheets that go along with topics in the podcast to help us slow down and make lasting change – not just be inspired for a few days and then move on. These worksheets are what I’m personally working on and talking about with my closest friends – and I want YOU to join us!
Cultivate your growth intentionally with us through two worksheets a month, a online community, and a monthly group video call to share our “big wins” and things we are still working on.