Today, I’m talking with Annette Pimentel. She’s a mother of six children and an author of children’s non-fiction literature. Today we’re talking about how she learned to embrace who she is to be an authentic mother and to use her strengths and talents to create a culture in her home that allows her to fully be her as well as to use her strengths to solve problems.
Key Points from this Episode:
- Knowing the story of why you made a decision during a hard time helps form who you are.
- Being a mom doesn’t mean you can’t be authentic to yourself. Sometimes the best solutions we come up with are the ones that come from our core of passions and talents.
- The things we care about can be the center of your mothering. Those things can become your toolkit for being a mother.
- It takes creativity to truly be who we are and still solve those parenting problems, but they are the most authentic.
- Become friends with the librarians! They are an amazing resource and love seeing people who care about books.
- Books and stories (and the conversations you have about them) can help you maintain closeness with your children as they grow older.
- Check out books and read them before you read them to your kids if you think they might have a viewpoint that is uncomfortably different from your own so you can think through things you can talk about together.
- Stories about everyday people who can change the world are amazing. You don’t have to be a famous person, or even particularly smart. You don’t have to be rich. You just have to feel passionately about something and you can change the world!
- The family routines can allow your family to feel safe even when circumstances change. Your home becomes the safe haven when life around gets crazy.
From the Episode
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
- All the Way to the Top: How One Girl’s Fight for Americans with Disabilities Changed Everything
- Girl Running
- Mountain Chef: How One Man Lost His Groceries, Changed His Plans, and Helped Cook Up the National Park Service
- Do you Really Want to Meet A Dinosaur
Connect with Annette
Thriving in Motherhood Podcast Community on Patreon
Patreon is the place where we can come together as mothers and intentionally cultivate growth together. Each month you can gain access to printable worksheets that go along with topics in the podcast to help us slow down and make lasting change – not just be inspired for a few days and then move on. These worksheets are what I’m personally working on and talking about with my closest friends – and I want YOU to join us!
Cultivate your growth intentionally with us through two worksheets a month, a online community, and a monthly group video call to share our “big wins” and things we are still working on.