This week on the podcast, I’m answering a fabulous question about how to use nap time well. Maybe you can relate to hitting the quiet moment of the day and feeling exhausted and wanting to take a nap yourself, but also wanting to be consistent in what you want to do.
It can be hard to figure out what to do when it feels like everything needs to be done while also lacking motivation because you are exhausted. In this week’s episode, I’ll be sharing strategies and tips so you can feel confident about using nap time in a way that is intentional and productive for you.
How to overcome lack of motivation:
- Keep the time frame short: I just need to make choices for TODAY. I can do anything for a short period of time.
- Write down what you want to be doing: A weekly or daily rhythm or an ideal week plan is a great way to ensure you know what you want to do and when. If you already know what you want to be doing, then it is easier to take the steps to do it than if you have to figure it out every day.
- Every night, write down your big wins for the day: Celebrating yourself builds motivation and makes it easier to keep going.
- Weed out “should” statements: Make it your mission only to do things that really matter to you, not just things you think you “should” be doing.
- Ask God for help: Pray for an increased capacity and for God to help you carry the load. I’m amazed and astounded by how much can happen in a day, even when I don’t feel like it, when I pray specifically for this and then act, expecting help to come.
Made to Soar: The Next 90 Days is a program I’ve created to help you build family systems and automate the essentials so you can enjoy what matters most to you. You need a strategy, and not typical time management and productivity tips either.
A strategy tailored specifically for the life of a mom with kids at home – full of interruptions, needs, bedtime stories, messes, traditions, silliness, and toddlers.
A strategy that is 100% customizable with inspiration from God for your unique family, circumstances, and dreams.
A strategy that is easily repeated because the reality of motherhood is that things are always changing.
A strategy that enables YOU to become a Soaring Mother
It’s these very systems and skills that have enabled me to homeschool my four kids, run a podcast and business, establish traditions for our family and adventure with them, nurture my marriage, have soul-filling friendships, enjoy many hobbies, and feel the joy of this wonderful life.
Made to Soar: Your Next 90 Days is the antidote to overwhelm. It is designed to help you get clarity on your vision and align your actions, current to-do list, and family systems so you can create a life you love to live.
Learn more and sign up for the waitlist HERE.