For years I’ve gotten up before the kids (or with the kids and let them play near me) while I do my morning routine to get myself in a good place. This is one of the ways I keep my Soul Pillar intact.
When I don’t do my morning routine, I find that it doesn’t take too long before I’m irritable, grumpy, and snappy at everyone around me. Now that I’m aware of that, this morning routine is one of the first things I put back in place when we are transitioning from the novelty and trips of summer back into our school year routines at home.
In this week’s episode, I’m sharing exactly what I’ve done for my morning routine that sets me up for success.
My Morning Routine:
- Free write about the last 24 hours: I write about anything that was meaningful and significant in the last 24 hours. This creates space in my brain.
- Answer questions in the Thriving in Motherhood Journal: I ask myself key questions in the Thriving in Motherhood Journal – What’s one thing that could make me feel successful at the end of the day? What’s one thing I could do to make tomorrow easier? What is something that might challenge me today, and how would my best self handle it?
- Scripture study: I read my scriptures and write down a few passages and my thoughts about them.
- Exercise: I usually do a Physique 57 workout.
- Pray + Shower: I shower, pray, and write down any last thoughts that I have when I’m completely by myself and can ponder.