In this episode, I talk about where to start to get the house back on track after a Survival Mode season. I share my rhythms and systems that have helped me and my kids know what to expect when we are transitioning from full-blown Survival Mode back into “normal” life.
Subscribe (and rate and review – thank you!): Google Play | iTunes | Stitcher
Key Points from this Episode:
- It’s OK to make intentional choices to let things like housework go when we are in survival mode, but we need to pick up the pieces when we are able to.
- Start with prayer. Then listen to the promptings of where to start.
- “Home Blessing Hour” every week for concentrated time to take care of the house.
- Go room by room. Garbage to the trash bag. Clothes to the laundry basket. Everything that doesn’t belong into a basket. Put those items away. Sweep/vacuum the floor.
- Set timers for short increments to get bursts of cleaning focus from our children.
- Consider having some major incentives for after the house gets put back together.
- Talk with your children while you clean. Use it as a chance to bond as a family.
The Surviving Mom’s Quick Start Guide to Thriving
Thriving in Motherhood Podcast Community on Patreon
Patreon is the place where we can come together as mothers and intentionally cultivate growth together. Each month you can gain access to printable worksheets that go along with topics in the podcast to help us slow down and make lasting change – not just be inspired for a few days and then move on. These worksheets are what I’m personally working on and talking about with my closest friends – and I want YOU to join us!
Cultivate your growth intentionally with us through two worksheets a month, a online community, and a monthly group video call to share our “big wins” and things we are still working on.
From the Episode
2019 Thriving in Motherhood Planner
Buy the downloadable PDF to print out and use or reference
Buy the planner on Amazon – printed, bound, and shipped to your door!