Do you ever have problems sleeping because your mind is racing? For me it is a sure sign I’m overwhelmed. In this episode I talk about the 5 steps I use to face the overwhelm head on and create space and calm in my brain.
Key Points from this Episode:
Steps I take when I’m feeling overwhelmed:
- Recognize that I’m feeling overwhelmed. Usually this means I can’t sleep because my mind is racing.
- Brain dump everything in my head. Either mind map or just write it out in a list.
- Categorize my brain dump into three areas: single tasks (quick wins!), projects (multiple steps to complete), to research (need to learn more before I know what my next step is).
- Tackle a few quick wins to build momentum
- Identify the one or two pressing projects causing my stress and focus on them
After a week or two of working on these pressing projects I’m ready for a long term planning session.
From the Episode
Thriving in Motherhood Podcast Community on Patreon
Patreon is the place where we can come together as mothers and intentionally cultivate growth together. Each month you can gain access to printable worksheets that go along with topics in the podcast to help us slow down and make lasting change – not just be inspired for a few days and then move on. These worksheets are what I’m personally working on and talking about with my closest friends – and I want YOU to join us!
Cultivate your growth intentionally with us through two worksheets a month, a online community, and a monthly group video call to share our “big wins” and things we are still working on.