Today I’m talking with Tiana Woodbury, mother of two boys. She shares her experiences with her first child having a club foot and what that process has been like for her. She talks about how to live with joy and make her own joy. She shares how she has learned to lower her expectations and love it!
Subscribe (and rate and review – thank you!): Google Play | iTunes | Stitcher
Key Points from this Episode:
- Sometimes life throws you a curve ball and you have to adjust your plans quickly to make the most of the situation.
- With the help of other moms and doctors you can learn what you need to in order to make the best decisions for your family.
- Sometimes God gives us a gift of interest in things that we will one day need to know to help our children.
- Wherever you are, you are in charge of your happiness.
- Lower your expectations, but LOVE it.
- As a mom, give yourself some grace period.
- You are here to facilitate your children’s experience, and sometimes we have different plans for our kids. Choosing your battles to let them explore their opinions can be freeing.
- Kids just want to be involved in the little things. See if you can find little ways to involve your kids in what YOU like so your bucket can be filled throughout your day.
- If you want to start with flowers, start with Zinnias or Sunflowers.
- Having a plan for something small to do every day keeps things exciting and moving forward.
- Warm toes are happy children. Invest in good shoes and outdoor time stays much more enjoyable for everyone.
- Consider winter (or major inside times) as a good chance to research and prepare for the next time you can go outside and put your research to use.
- Way exceeding your low expectations feels so much better than shooting SO high and being disappointed.
- When you move to a new place (temporarily or permanently) try to become a local. Explore the town and find the things that make that new place unique.
- Learn from your failures and don’t give up!
From the Episode
Connect with Tiana
Thriving in Motherhood Podcast Community on Patreon
Patreon is the place where we can come together as mothers and intentionally cultivate growth together. Each month you can gain access to printable worksheets that go along with topics in the podcast to help us slow down and make lasting change – not just be inspired for a few days and then move on. These worksheets are what I’m personally working on and talking about with my closest friends – and I want YOU to join us!
Cultivate your growth intentionally with us through two worksheets a month, a online community, and a monthly group video call to share our “big wins” and things we are still working on.