In this episode, I talk about where to start when you feel overwhelmed with getting your physical health where you want it to be. We all go through times where we have to have our physical bodies take a backseat and this is my process that I go through every time I have to start at the very beginning of building my strength and cardio health.
Subscribe (and rate and review – thank you!): Google Play | iTunes | Stitcher
Key Points from this Episode:
- There are so many reasons (physical & mental) that take us back to square one with our fitness. That’s OK!
- My big why for exercise is the endorphins. I feel better when I exercise.
- You don’t need to do the whole workout that is designed! Start with 10 minutes, then go to 15 minutes and keep increasing until you make it to your desired length.
- Start with gently building strength (Physique 57), then add cardio ( ).
- I replaced my standard transportation with a cargo bike which is a GREAT cardio workout with the kids in the bucket.
- Find what you love to do to and work moving more into your day. Mow the lawn, swim, longboard, dance in the kitchen. Do what works for you!
- I gain energy from exercising, but it feels like a big scary step at first.
- It feels good to feel strong!
- Focusing on getting my green smoothie in every day helps teach my body to crave fruits and vegetables again. It helps me get out of the survival-eating mode.
- Whatever your body needs, feed it that!
Physique 57 DVDs – Barre Workout
– Such a quiet stationary bike!!
Madsen Cycles – Cargo Bike designed for carting kids around
Thriving in Motherhood Podcast Community on Patreon
Patreon is the place where we can come together as mothers and intentionally cultivate growth together. Each month you can gain access to printable worksheets that go along with topics in the podcast to help us slow down and make lasting change – not just be inspired for a few days and then move on. These worksheets are what I’m personally working on and talking about with my closest friends – and I want YOU to join us!
Cultivate your growth intentionally with us through two worksheets a month, a online community, and a monthly group video call to share our “big wins” and things we are still working on.
2019 Thriving in Motherhood Planner
Buy the downloadable PDF to print out and use or reference
Buy the planner on Amazon – printed, bound, and shipped to your door!