Key Points from this episode:
- Celebrate the nice things siblings do for each other to encourage positive behaviors.
- The things that are worthwhile are going to be hard and challenging, but we shouldn’t let that discourage us!
- Nothing is perfect. Just be in the moment. Try to focus on whatever you are doing in that moment and just be in it.
- Sitting down for (a distraction-free) dinner as a family every night opens the door for bonding and communication.
- Embrace your imperfections and let your children see that. Let them see you comfortable in your own skin. That will give them permission to do the same.
- Risk-taking is doing something where you are stepping outside your comfort zone. It is as individual as we are.
- Let your children know when you are feeling outside your comfort zone and are choosing to do it anyways.
- Guilt is just in our nature because we are trying so hard. Confidence is reminding ourselves that we are great and we are doing the best that we can do.
Connect with Amy
Instagram: @GHCgirls – private account for girls to be them.
20% off coupon: justbeyou20
From the Episode
Thriving in Motherhood Podcast Community on Patreon
Patreon is the place where we can come together as mothers and intentionally cultivate growth together. Each month you can gain access to printable worksheets that go along with topics in the podcast to help us slow down and make lasting change – not just be inspired for a few days and then move on. These worksheets are what I’m personally working on and talking about with my closest friends – and I want YOU to join us!
Cultivate your growth intentionally with us through two worksheets a month, a online community, and a monthly group video call to share our “big wins” and things we are still working on.
2019 Thriving in Motherhood Planner
Buy the downloadable PDF to print out and use or reference
Buy the planner on Amazon – printed, bound, and shipped to your door!