In this episode, I get into some of the logistics of survival mode. A few things to do during survival mode and a few things to do when you’re not in survival mode to make survival mode easier.
Subscribe (and rate and review – thank you!): Google Play | iTunes | Stitcher
Key Points from this Episode:
- When we can’t get off the couch, we have to adjust our expectations of parenting. We may not be able to control what or when or where the kids eat, but we can focus on the fact that the kids are eating and that is good.
- We can focus on keeping our one-on-one relationship with our children in a good place rather than worrying about the nitty-gritty of discipline when we can’t follow through.
- When things are good, work hard on routines and rhythms. Then, when things go to survival mode, they take longer to fall apart.
- If people are fed, a lot of our behavior problems are curbed. So find ways for food to be really easy for you and the kids.
- Use the tough seasons to teach our children compassion and forgiveness.
- Survival mode part of this life’s journey. Accept and embrace it.
- Work to over-communicate with your spouse during the hard times. It helps you equally-yolk yourselves.
- Have hope.
- Ask your questions in the morning and evening! (See resources)
Key Questions to Ask in the Morning – Episode 60
Key Questions to Ask in the Evening – Episode 66
From the Episode
Thriving in Motherhood Podcast Community on Patreon
Patreon is the place where we can come together as mothers and intentionally cultivate growth together. Each month you can gain access to printable worksheets that go along with topics in the podcast to help us slow down and make lasting change – not just be inspired for a few days and then move on. These worksheets are what I’m personally working on and talking about with my closest friends – and I want YOU to join us!
Cultivate your growth intentionally with us through two worksheets a month, a online community, and a monthly group video call to share our “big wins” and things we are still working on.
2019 Thriving in Motherhood Planner
Buy the downloadable PDF to print out and use or reference
Buy the planner on Amazon – printed, bound, and shipped to your door!