Brandi is a mother of four (ages 4 – 17) who has worked with her husband to build a slow, intentional life with her family. She lives in the hills of central Texas. She shares how God’s love for her and her family has guided her in her life and her parenting.
Key Points from this episode:
- It takes different intentional actions to stay connected with our children and hold their hearts who are different ages.
- Changing our emphasis from behavior to relationships with our children will allow us to maintain that relationship through the teen years and beyond.
- Try to have eyes to see. Notice when our children are withdrawn and remember that sometimes that is when they need us to press in the most. (Adding food makes the heart-sharing easier for the kids, too!)
- Schedule in one-on-one time with your kids. Put some to bed early if you need to in order to make it happen.
- Find time to have time with God. If you can’t wake up before the kids, try having 15-20 minutes for all your family to go their separate ways to have their connecting time with God. Have older kids take turns watching younger ones to help make it happen.
- Pause and think about what you say “yes” to and what you say “no” to in order to grow your intentionality. Then take it to the Lord and follow the direction from Him.
- Journaling the things you learn from books or hear that inspire you help you absorb the information and also give you something to refer back to when you need a boost.
- We can make the choice whether we miss the things that happen on social media, or we can miss things that are happening under our own roofs.
- Saying out loud what we are thankful for can help us find joy in our current moment.
Connect with Brandi
From the Episode
Thriving in Motherhood Podcast Community on Patreon
Patreon is the place where we can come together as mothers and intentionally cultivate growth together. Each month you can gain access to printable worksheets that go along with topics in the podcast to help us slow down and make lasting change – not just be inspired for a few days and then move on. These worksheets are what I’m personally working on and talking about with my closest friends – and I want YOU to join us!
Cultivate your growth intentionally with us through two worksheets a month, a online community, and a monthly group video call to share our “big wins” and things we are still working on.
2019 Thriving in Motherhood Planner
Buy the downloadable PDF to print out and use or reference
Buy the planner on Amazon – printed, bound, and shipped to your door!