Today I’m talking with Jeni Awerkamp, who was also my first interview back on Episode 1! We talk about how things have changed over the past two years and how Jeni has changed her experiences by changing her thoughts.
Subscribe (and rate and review – thank you!): Google Play | iTunes | Stitcher
Key Points from this Episode:
- Give ourselves space and grace when we are in transitional times in our lives. Recognize that we will have more stable times to come.
- Our thoughts have a huge role in us feeling well. Being able to shift the unhelpful thoughts can change our entire reality.
- Make the decision to act, not be acted upon.
- Tell yourself “you will no longer think negatively of yourself and your situations.”
- Things happen that genuinely make you feel overwhelmed, but you can still control your thoughts around this. Replace the “I can’t do this” thoughts with “There is a lot do here, but I can do it one step at a time.”
- Replace “I’m all alone” with “I am never alone. Help is one phone call away.”
- We don’t have to be good at making mistakes, but we can be good at apologizing.
- Take things one day at a time, but in the realm of not worrying about something that happened yesterday or what might happen tomorrow. Enjoy the moment you are in.
- Awareness of your thoughts is the first HUGE step to being able to change your thoughts.
- Ask yourself “What can I do?” and “How can I get help to get this done?” as you catalog your anxieties or concerns to see how to make your concerns something more concrete.
From the Episode
Connect with Jeni
Thriving in Motherhood Podcast Community on Patreon
Patreon is the place where we can come together as mothers and intentionally cultivate growth together. Each month you can gain access to printable worksheets that go along with topics in the podcast to help us slow down and make lasting change – not just be inspired for a few days and then move on. These worksheets are what I’m personally working on and talking about with my closest friends – and I want YOU to join us!
Cultivate your growth intentionally with us through two worksheets a month, a online community, and a monthly group video call to share our “big wins” and things we are still working on.