Today, I’m talking with Britney Grover! She shares her story about the amazing change that has happened in her over the last year as she has learned some tools to help her with her mental health. She’s learned how to take care of herself first so she can continue to pour into others.
Subscribe (and rate and review – thank you!): Google Play | iTunes | Stitcher
Key Points from this Episode:
- Major life changes, like having a baby or having a spouse come home for deployment can trigger major emotions.
- Finding the right counselor who can teach the baby steps that you need are key to starting to heal.
- Remember that “thoughts aren’t real.” It can help calm the anxiety about things that haven’t happened.
- Figure out what things are non-negotiable for your mental health. Examples: prayer, scripture study, exercise, and sleep.
- Let go of “should.” Maybe things “should be” exactly as they are.
- If you need help, keep looking for the right counselor until you find somebody who clicks with you.
- “The God that I’ve come to know is the God that’s telling me to accept myself and telling me to love myself as I am, where I am, with what I’m doing, with what I’m accomplishing, exactly where I am.” – Britney Grover
Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff
Connect with Britney
From the Episode
Thriving in Motherhood Podcast Community on Patreon
Patreon is the place where we can come together as mothers and intentionally cultivate growth together. Each month you can gain access to printable worksheets that go along with topics in the podcast to help us slow down and make lasting change – not just be inspired for a few days and then move on. These worksheets are what I’m personally working on and talking about with my closest friends – and I want YOU to join us!
Cultivate your growth intentionally with us through two worksheets a month, a online community, and a monthly group video call to share our “big wins” and things we are still working on.