Today, I’m sharing with you something I’ve been working on for years, which is the Three Pillars of Thriving and the Three Identities associated with them. This episode explains how you can actually thrive in any season of motherhood.
Subscribe (and rate and review – thank you!): Google Play | iTunes | Stitcher
Key Points from this Episode:
- The struggle between knowing that we are made for motherhood and feeling like it is REALLY hard is where these pillars grew out of.
- How we’re think about life and ourselves is what influences our reality.
- Take time to notice where you are on these three pillars.
- The pillars take you from surviving to thriving.
- Pillar 1 – Scope is having a purpose, or intention, for your life.
- In the scriptures, we see examples of women with callings and purpose that have nothing to do with raising children. God has something else for them to do. God sees us as whole people.
- When you have Scope, it helps you go from feeling lost or stuck in the mundane to feeling confident and fulfilled and living with meaning and purpose.
- There are skills and systems involved in Scope to take you from one end of the spectrum to the other.
- Pillar 2 – Structure gives you a pattern or organization for reducing the mental and physical chaos in your life.
- This involves creating a strong family and recognizing that you are part of that family. Structure allows you to have the head space to think beyond the bare-bones essentials.
- Pillar 3 – Soul is looking at your total self. Your spirit, body, mind, and connection with God.
- This is where you can start to feel peace and joy and gratitude. This is where you are taken care of, where you have energy. Where we’re filling our buckets so we can overflow into other people. This is where we are breaking down limiting beliefs.
- When any one of these three is being neglected, then things don’t feel right.
- The model of Be, Do, Have teaches us that we need to focus on being one way before we do to then have the desired result.
- Identity 1 – Visionary – Someone who does thinking and planning about the future with imagination, creativity, and wisdom. Able to have dreams or visions (literally or metaphorically). Someone who seeks personal revelation from God.
- Identity 2 – Leader – Someone who has the art of motivating and connecting and empathizing with people to help them act towards achieving a common goal. Working towards putting people first while making your vision a reality.
- Identity 3 – Advocate – Someone who calls to one’s aide. One who pleads the cause of another. In this case, you need to be your own advocate to ask for and make the space for the things you need. Advocate to yourself, for yourself to become aware of your thoughts and how you’re interacting in the world.
From the Episode
Thriving in Motherhood Podcast Community on Patreon
Patreon is the place where we can come together as mothers and intentionally cultivate growth together. Each month you can gain access to printable worksheets that go along with topics in the podcast to help us slow down and make lasting change – not just be inspired for a few days and then move on. These worksheets are what I’m personally working on and talking about with my closest friends – and I want YOU to join us!
Cultivate your growth intentionally with us through two worksheets a month, a online community, and a monthly group video call to share our “big wins” and things we are still working on.