Today I’m sharing with you some lessons I learned from the last week of pregnancy and the first few weeks of postpartum. Our experiences may be different, but the process is what I want you to focus on with today’s episode. That process can be applied to other circumstances in your life (even if it isn’t pregnancy)!
Key Points from this Episode:
- The Soul part of Pillars of Thriving (Soul, Scope, & Structure) makes or breaks if you are suffering in misery whether circumstances are great or difficult.
- When I’m uncomfortable, my first thoughts are to wish that the circumstances will change. Ex: I’m so tired of being pregnant. I’m tired all the time. I wish this baby would just come already!
- Write out what is in your circle of influence and your circle of concern. Try to let go of what is in your circle of concern. Make peace with what you can.
- It’s okay to feel sad about something that you wanted and you’re not getting.
- Being okay with being sad about it opened the door for me to actually be able to give my timing over to the Lord.
- Bad days don’t last as long as I think they do. There will be an end to the hard days, even if it’s just for another day or two. Enjoy the good moments when you have them!
- Be present with what you can do (even if it isn’t much) and find peace with it because you can know it will change again before you know it.
- Let yourself have a break from the bad days emotionally, because they will happen physically too!
- I don’t have to assign any meaning to how I’m feeling. At all. Neither do you.
- Take a break and flip the dialogue in your head if you’re stuck in a negative cycle.
- If you can respond in the moment rather than being focused on what already happened or what will happen, it can allow you to find joy in the given moment.
From the Episode
Thriving in Motherhood Podcast Community on Patreon
Patreon is the place where we can come together as mothers and intentionally cultivate growth together. Each month you can gain access to printable worksheets that go along with topics in the podcast to help us slow down and make lasting change – not just be inspired for a few days and then move on. These worksheets are what I’m personally working on and talking about with my closest friends – and I want YOU to join us!
Cultivate your growth intentionally with us through two worksheets a month, a online community, and a monthly group video call to share our “big wins” and things we are still working on.